Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bun Bun Bunny

I woke today with a hacking cough and a drippy nose plus a hangover from taking 2 huge gulpfuls of liquid Actifed last night. Looks like I have the flu and cough that's been going around these parts like an epidemic.

I decided to skip work and stayed in bed most of the morning until I had to run some minor errands for my mom. She casually mentioned when I got back that my 7 year-old rabbit, Bun Bun Bunny has been really weak since yesterday.

I went over to Bun Bun's hutch in the patio to verify this. I could see that Bun Bun was still breathing (thank God!) but she was lying down sprawled so I stuck my finger in to stroke her nose and she didn't move to nuzzle it like she usually does. That's strange, I thought. I opened the door to the hutch and she didn't jump up to the door to demand treats. Weird. I tried to pick her up and my usually feisty bunny didn't resist at all. She just couldn't move! Not only that but she hardly gave her favorite cereal Honey Graham Oh's a nibble before totally refusing it! My heart just crumbled and I feared the worst.

She moved her hind legs a little when I took her out of the hutch to lay her in our little garden... she even reached for some freshly cut grass so we haven't given up hope just yet. Everyone at home is now crossing all appendages: fingers, toes, arms and legs all, hoping that Bun Bun'll pull through another day.

The picture above is actually a painting I commissioned lovely Ashley to do for me a couple of weeks ago. It has yet to arrive in my mail so I took this off her Flickr (hope you don't mind dear!). Do check out her lovely work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home