Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Role of A Lifetime

Sometimes I feel like I'm the lead actress in a movie that is my life. I'm playing the role of a slightly neurotic woman who is waiting for all her childhood fantasies to come true while pretending to be a fully-functional adult who pays her bills (most of the time), is in a stable relationship (most of the time) and is responsible, articulate and creative (most of the time). It's like every other romantic comedy movie you've ever seen, with all the grittiness of film noir.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Maheswari Rani said...

Mmmhh.....sounds familiar :D

Hey Murni, I'm tagging you! Please check out the "rules" on my blog!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Film noir...hmm. But where's the sex, violence and mystery? ;) Or is that too hot for this blog? Heh.

I feel the same sometimes, but I like to think of my life more of like a TV series, with each year being a new season. Been counting since early 2005 (since that's when I felt things started getting more...dramatic), so its now Season 3, in 2007.

New characters introduced each year (new people meeting), cast ensemble replacements (eg friends leaving), femme fatales (are there no more "nice" girls in KL?), and all the drama. And of course, there is an an anchor (maybe a trusted friend, maybe an office setting).

Season 3 seems to be starting off pretty interesting so far, this year.

However, for you, the most important question is - are you enjoying your role in the movie that is your life so far, and do you think you could write your character better, and suggest better better lines to the writers, or is she an audience favourite already? :)

Or is there another life / movie you should be in?

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home