Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Save the Kitties!

This is a desperate plea to all animal lovers (especially cat lovers) who may be reading this. You see, I live in a condominium and there's been a recent change of management. This new management is hell-bent on getting rid of all the cats that are roaming the condo complex and have resorted to baiting them with poison! 2 out of 15 kitties are now missing and we fear the worst.

These k
itties are domesticated and totally lovable (plus toilet trained by my mom and in one cat's case, spayed) but are now homeless because their irresponsible owners have abandoned them. My mother and I have been feeding these poor kitties (15 in all) and although we'd love to keep them for ourselves, we have 2 dogs that simply will not get along with cats. Right now, 6 of the kitties are living in my open-space laundry area (away from the dogs) where they are also free to roam outside. We're very anxious for their safety as we can not contain them in this area.

Cairo as a kitten, He's now in his early teens (human years)
Hero the cat
Gebu means "Fluffy" in Malay :)
Yes, I know there's always the SPCA but I really do not want to leave the kitties there as I've read in the newspaper that they put down hundreds of cats and dogs every month. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to resort to the SPCA. So please, please, please, if you can find it in your heart to help us rehome these kitties, do drop me a line at puremoon.designs@gmail.com or call me at 012 217 8170. I'm totally open to meet up too if you'd like to meet the kitties yourself. Thanks for reading and hey, if you know somebody else who might be interested, please pass on my contact details.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home